Nursing Life Hacks
Here are a few things that help me conquer a long demanding shift at the hospital.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Stay hydrated: I keep a 1 liter water bottle on my cart which I’m constantly refilling.
- Eat Breakfast your body needs fuel.
- Organization: This includes de-cluttering your mind. Focus on the present.
- Have patience (patients and families can get on our nerves but we must remember that they are in a position of fear and angst).
- Multi-task: Balancing patients, doctors, etc. can be a load. Work smart not fast.
- Haste makes waste…always being conscientious of the task at hand.
- Enjoy what you do…nursing is very rewarding learning to appreciate the little things can change a bad day into a good one.